Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quick and Easy Breakfast

I'm a snooze button addict, so when I leave the house if I'm going to get breakfast it probably needs to be super fast. Usually, this means I'll maybe eat some peanut butter on toast in my car if I have time to prepare it in the morning. I have, however, discovered a way to make breakfast burritos that takes less time and doesn't leave crumbs on my sweater! There would be pictures except when I'm making this I'm usually pretty pressed for time. Sucks for you!

3 Minute Breakfast Burritos

1 Large egg
1 Small flour tortilla (corn works, too)
1-2 strips precooked bacon or sausage (optional)
Shredded cheese (optional, but recommended if you include the meat option)
Whatever seasonings you like in your scrambled eggs. I like a splash of milk and some salt and pepper, but shredded cheese and vegetables work here, too.

In a small juice glass, mix egg and egg seasonings with fork.
Put in the microwave for 1 minute on high or until egg mass is solid
Remove from microwave (careful, it'll be extremely hot)
This can be kept in the refrigerator over night if you're super lazy in the mornings.
Place bacon/sausage, cheese on tortilla. If egg is still hot, hold it out. Otherwise, use a fork to cut the egg into a few smaller pieces and place on tortilla.
Microwave for 30 seconds.
Wrap like a burrito (be sure to tuck the bottom under), then wrap in a paper towel and leave house.
Enjoy in car on way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment