Friday, January 22, 2010

Who wants to be a vegetarian?!

Right, so I think I want to become a vegetarian. In my current situation, straight up vegginess is impractical at best. I'm still living at home, money is tight and there's only one kitchen. If I'm going to eat with everyone else, I can't very well be all "Hey mom! I'm never eating meat again! Can you make something?!" and since there's only one kitchen, I can't exactly make my own food around meal times. Consequently, I'm thinking until I get relocated I'm going to be off meat that's not part of a pre-prepared meal that someone else prepared. I figure if it's just burgers, it's not too hard to grill up a shiitake mushroom cap instead, but spaghetti is a whole other thing.

This way, at least I'm going to be cutting my meat down to pretty low. My problem is that I strongly suspect I have EDNOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, it's basically disordered eating that's not anorexia or bulimia) and I'm fairly worried that I'll turn this into some crazy behavior. Also, with school and everything I'm out of the house approximate 12-13 hours a day, so I don't have a lot of time to eat and if I'm down to veggies and grains, I'm running the serious risk of not eating enough calories. To compensate, I'm thinking 4 meals a day is probably a good idea. I'm also trying to work out some menus so I don't have to think too much about my food on days when I'm busy.

I don't know why, but yesterday suddenly it felt like a good idea to just stop. I came up with the idea of Greek salads for dinner, crudite and boiled eggs for lunch, and pasta for second dinner. For breakfast, I tend to do best with meal replacement shakes just because I can eat them in the car. Of course, I followed up this revelation by going to the coffee shop to get a pastry for dinner and realizing they sold Chik-Fil-A sandwiches, so I had one of those. But I use the excuse that the only thing I'd eaten yesterday before that was a breakfast shake, soooo yeah.

Anyway, I actually have to cut this short. I was having breathing trouble and had to hit the inhaler and now I'm getting shakey and just not good. Albuterol is horrible, but it's still better than slowly suffocating I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment